POSTING DATE: February 12, 2020 POSTING #041-20 (OPSEU)
EXPIRY DATE: February 19, 2020
HURON PERTH HEALTHCARE ALLIANCE
NOTICE OF VACANCY
POSITION: SOCIAL WORKER (MSW)
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for providing direct clinical services to patients and their families at all HPHA sites within the assessment and treatment framework of social work knowledge and skills.
REPORTS TO: Manager, Therapies and Professional Practice
DATE REQUIRED: As soon as possible
SALARY: $38.63 to $49.23 per hour
- Masters Degree in Social Work from an approved School of Social Work.
- Member of/or eligible for membership in the Ontario Association of Professional Social Workers and the Ontario College of Certified Social Workers.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence and Access to Own Transportation with Auto Endorsement Insurance.
- A knowledge and appreciation of diagnostic and treatment procedures utilized by related disciplines, and an ability to work constructively with other health professionals.
As a member of the Social Work Services team, the Social Worker will:
- provide consultation to physicians, nurses and other relevant disciplines concerning the social and emotional factors which bear upon the patient’s treatment
- assess the psychosocial needs of patients and assist in the development of programs to meet these needs
- act as an advocate on behalf of the patients and their families
- act as a liaison between hospital and community programs
- carry assigned responsibility for formal or informal teaching activities in relation to other disciplines
- provide coverage for all sites within the Alliance
Please be advised that we are no longer accepting emailed or paper-based resumes. Please submit a complete resume by visiting our job opportunities page on our website: www.hpha.ca
Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.